- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While fans wait for more news about Star Wars: Episode VII or the animated Star Wars Rebels, they can revisit the galaxy far, far away in a way they’ve never seen it before — with Star Wars Storyboards: The Original Trilogy, a new hardcover collection of the compete storyboard to the original Star Wars movies.
Scheduled for release next week, the Abrams Books collection — edited by J.W. Rinzler, with a foreword from director Joe Johnston, who worked on storyboards and concept designs for the first three Star Wars movies — includes never-before-seen storyboards from Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
STORY: ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: R2-D2 Answers Fan Questions (Video)
To promote the book, Wired premiered an animated trailer, created by New York-based ad agency Outsider, that showcases some of the art contained therein — including dramatically different looks for some familiar characters. (Seriously, who is that right at the very end?)
Watch the trailer below; Star Wars Storyboards: The Original Trilogy will be released in bookstores May 13.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day