- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pan-European production and distribution group Studiocanal has reshuffled its German executive team.
Jan Rickers, executive vice president of home entertainment at Studiocanal Deutschland, is stepping down after 11 years at the group. Kalle Friz, EVP of theatrical distribution, will take on the new position of chief operating officer, overseeing film distribution and marketing across all platforms. Sonke Hinrichsen, currently head of sales for home entertainment at the group, has been promoted to vice president of home entertainment sales. Friz and Hinrichsen will report directly to Studiocanal CEO Rodolphe Buet.
The restructuring is part of a move by the French-owned group to more tightly coordinate marketing and distribution across all platforms as release windows shrink and digital distribution via VOD and other means, continues to grow in importance.
Studiocanal in Germany has the rights to the Hunger Games franchise – part of its output deal with Lionsgate for German-speaking Europe. The group’s French parent has also been boosting its presence in high-end TV, through the acquisition, in 2012, of Munich-based boutique production house Tandem, producers of Pillars of the Earth and Crossing Lines.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day