- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eros STX Global Corp. has picked up the Dave Bautista-starring sci-fi adventure pic Universe’s Most Wanted for the U.S., the UK and India.
The deal with AGC Studios and CAA Media Finance will see Brad Peyton direct and produce the movie via his production company, ASAP Entertainment, along with Jeff Fiersonvia. Bautista will star and produce through his Dream Bros Entertainment, along with Jonathan Meisner.
In Universe’s Most Wanted, a small town gets a big surprise when a spaceship carrying the universe’s most wanted and dangerous criminals crash lands in their backyard. Soon the sheriff and his son become heroes when they find themselves helping an intergalactic peacekeeper to prevent the ragtag group of alien prisoners from escaping and taking over the world.
Universe’s Most Wanted will also be produced by AGC Studios’ Stuart Ford, while Miguel Palos Jr. and Linda McDonough are executive producing alongside Carsten Lorenz. The screenplay is by F. Scott Frazier and Jimmy Loweree.
Universe’s Most Wanted is scheduled to begin shooting in Melbourne, Australia, in late July. Roadshow Films will release the film in Australia and New Zealand.
CAA represents Peyton and Bautista.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day