- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Mylod, one of the directors behind the HBO hit Succession, is in talks to helm Searchlight’s long-gestating psychological thriller The Menu.
Adam McKay, who acts as an executive producer and director on the cable series, will produce the project that is set in the world of eccentric culinary culture. The movie follows a couple who visit an exclusive restaurant on a remote island where an acclaimed chef has prepared a lavish tasting menu.
Succession writer Will Tracy and Seth Reiss penned the script.
McKay will produce via his Hyperobject Industries banner, along with Betsy Koch. DanTram Nguyen and Zahra Phillips will oversee for Searchlight.
Alexander Payne was previously attached to direct, with Emma Stone previously in talks to star.
Mylod, repped by WME and Ziffren Brittenham, has also directed episodes of Shameless and the feature comedy What’s Your Number?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day