- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ike Barinholtz has been added to the roll call for Suicide Squad, Warner Bros.’ all-star superhero action movie based on the DC Entertainment characters.
Director David Ayer tweeted a photo Wednesday from a table read that revealed many of the players: Joel Kinnaman, Will Smith, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Jay Hernandez, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney, Cara Delevingne and Viola Davis.
Barinholtz is one the new additions, as is Adam Beach. Details of his role was not disclosed.
Not present for the photo were Jared Leto or Scott Eastwood.
The movie is a change of pace for Barinholtz, who is better known for his comedy gigs. He is currently a co-executive producer, writer and a star on The Mindy Project at Fox, which just wrapped up on season 3, and co-starred with Seth Rogen in Neighbors. He is also the male lead opposite Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in Universal’s comedy Sisters.
Barinholtz wrote Central Intelligence, an action comedy that is due to go into production in early May for New Line, and stars Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson.
He is repped by UTA, Principato Young and Jared Levine.
Ayer’s pic can be seen below.
— David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) April 9, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day