- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It was the shot heard around the comic book world at Monday’s Suicide Squad premiere.
When introducing the film, fans chanted the expletive and director David Ayer repeated it, setting social media aflame with many wondering why the filmmaker would echo such a statement. Later that night, Ayer apologized for the shade thrown at Marvel.
Sorry about getting caught up in the moment and saying f*ck Marvel. Someone said it. I echoed. Not cool. Respect for my brother filmmakers.
— David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) August 2, 2016
But it seems all is forgiven, at least on the Marvel front. Early Tuesday morning, Marvel chief creator officer Joe Quesada came to the defense of Ayer.
Hey Marvel faithful I know you’re upset but cut @DavidAyerMovies a break, it was all in good fun. Can’t wait to see SS, best of luck David!
— JoeQuesada (@JoeQuesada) August 2, 2016
All’s well that ends well.
Suicide Squad opens in theaters Friday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day