- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Nantucket film festival has announced its line-up, setting Sundance doc and narrative winners Summer of Soul and CODA as the opening and closing night films, respectively. The fest’s centerpiece screening will be the Nat Geo doc Playing with Sharks.
Other titles in the line-up include Sundance selections Homeroom and Luzzu, as well as SXSW titles like Mark Duplass and Natalie Morales’ Language Lessons. The festival will be a hybrid of online and open-air screenings, as well as drive-ins and conversations.
Also at the fest, Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino will be the recipients of the excellence in television writing award. Kelsey Grammer will receive the Compass Rose award for career achievement.
The festival’s conversation series will include appearances from Ethan Hawke, Alice Hoffman and Duplass, among others.
Expanding from six to twelves day, the festival will run from June 17 to 28.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day