- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In what is likely one of the last deals of the year, Lionsgate division Summit Entertainment has picked up a sci-fi action pitch titled Revoc from Olaf de Fleur.
David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville are attached to produce.
Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the story has been described as being in the vein of District 9 and Moon and is a post-alien invasion thriller.
Mandeville is prepping a winter shoot in London for the sequel to The Muppets, which will star Ricky Gervais and Ty Burrell. It also has the zombie love story Warm Bodies awaiting a Feb. 1 release.
De Fleur is an Icelandic filmmaker who co-write and directed the crime movie City State; New Regency is remaking the film with James Mangold attached to direct. He is repped by WME and Thruline.
Overseeing for the company are Lionsgate Motion Picture Group president of production Erik Feig, Summit Entertainment president of production Geoff Shaevitz and Lionsgate vp production Matthew Janzen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day