- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARK CITY — Mundial has picked up foreign rights to documentary Who Is Dayani Cristal?
The company, a joint venture of film finance/sales company IM Global and production/distribution firm Canana, will shop the film in international markets. The documentary about the death of a migrant worker is screening in Sundance’s World Cinema Documentary Competition section.
Marc Silver‘s documentary uses dramatic sequences with actor Gael Garcia Bernal to reconstruct the identity of an anonymous body found in the Arizona desert. The only clue to who the John Doe is a tattoo that reads “Dayani Cristal.”
The THR review of the documentary called it “required viewing for anyone involved in making or enforcing border policy.”
Who Is Dayani Cristal? premiered at the MARC on Jan. 17.
Josh Braun of Submarine Entertainment is handling domestic sales for the film.
Email: Daniel.Miller@THR.com; Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com
Twitter: @DanielNMiller; @TatianaSiegel27
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day