- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Director Andrew Dosunmu‘s Restless City will open in limited theatrical release in New York, L.A. and Atlanta April 27. Distributor AFFRM, which acquired U.S. rights to the film in March, will then expand it to five additional cities May 4.
The Hollywood Reporter here exclusively hosts the premiere of the trailer for the film, which had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2011. The trailer will be in theaters this weekend.
Danai Gurira, Anthony Okungbowa and Babs Olusanmokun star in the story of an African immigrant surviving on the fringes of New York City. Eugene M. Gussenhoven wrote the screenplay.
In his review for THR, Duane Byrge wrote, “In this intense twist on the American Dream, director Andrew Dosunmu vividly captures the pulsating dynamic of New York City’s pan-African community, a robust aggregation that subsists amid an often hostile foreign environment. Restless City is a mesmerizing glimpse into a culture and community that is only superficially seen by indifferent New Yorkers.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day