- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ewan McGregor is the latest actor to take on the formidable task of portraying Jesus.
The actor stars in Last Days in the Desert, directed by Rodrigo Garcia, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on Sunday.
McGregor, along with Garcia and co-star Tye Sheridan, stopped by The Hollywood Reporter‘s Sundance lounge to chat about the film.
“It was hugely exciting because its such a beautiful, unusual script. Really special writing,” McGregor said. “The idea of playing Jesus is really intimidating. And so very quickly I stopped sort of worrying myself about the idea of playing Jesus, but to look at playing a man who’s trying to communicate with his father and who’s finding it frustrating and difficult to do so.
“And I think that that’s the truth of what was happening there with Jesus in the desert, and when I started focusing on that it became much less daunting, really,” he explained.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day