- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hulu has acquired worldwide rights to the Justin Simien-directed horror film Bad Hair. A source pegged the deal at $8 million.
The Midnight section title is the follow-up to Simien’s feature directorial debut Dear White People, which premiered at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival. The movie stars Elle Lorraine (Insecure) as a video jockey in 1989 Los Angeles who is coerced into getting a weave by her new glamorous boss. But the hair turns out to have a mind of its own.
There is no theatrical distributor involved in the deal, so it is unclear if the film will play in theaters or on the digital platform only.
Vanessa Williams, Jay Pharoah, Lena Waithe, Blair Underwood and Laverne Cox also star.
Julia Lebedev, Angel Lopez, Eddie Vaisman and Simien produced the movie, with Leonid Lebedev, Oren Moverman and Alex G. Scott exec producing.
Endeavor Content negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain
Robert De Niro