- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
IFC Midnight has acquired U.S. rights to J.M. Cravioto’s revenge thriller Reversal, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in the Park City at Midnight section. The film stars Tina Ivlev as a young woman who turns the tables on the man (Richard Tyson) who abducted her.
Dark Factory Entertainment’s Daniel Posada and Rodolfo Marquez produced the film alongside Alex Garcia of AG Studios. The screenplay was written by Rock Shaink Jr. and Keith Kjornes.
Reversal is the first film under the Dark Factory banner. The production company recently filmed One Shot, starring Topher Grace and Anne Heche, and plans to continue making English-language films in its home country of Mexico. Dark Factory has also lined up a second horror film with Cravioto, 100 Cries of Horror, which is slated for production this year.
The deal was negotiated by Sean Berney, manager of acquisitions for IFC Midnight, with Paradigm on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day