- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sundance Selects has acquired North American and Latin American rights to Adam Leon‘s Gimme the Loot. The drama won the narrative feature grand jury prize at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival, where it had its world premiere.
Loot will screen at New Directors/New Films this weekend.
Tashiana Washington, Ty Hickson, Meeko, Zoe Lescaze and Sam Soghor star in the story of two graffiti-writing teens who try to execute a complicated revenge plan in New York City when one of their works is defaced by a rival gang. Natalie Difford, Dominic Buchanan and Jamund Washington produced.
“In the tradition of our recent SXSW pickups including Weekend, Tiny Furniture and Medicine for Melancholy, Gimme the Loot introduces a major new talent with a big future,” said Sundance Selects/IFC Films president Jonathan Sehring. “We all fell in love with this infectious, charming crowd pleaser.”
Sundance Selects/IFC Films exec Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with Josh Braun of Submarine Entertainment.
Sundance Selects has recently released Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Pina, Buck and Certified Copy. Upcoming releases include The Kid With a Bike, Beyond the Hills and How to Survive a Plague.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show