- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sundance Selects has picked up North American rights to director Bess Kargman’s documentary First Position, which follows six young dancers as they compete in the Youth America Grand Prix ballet competition.
The film, which Kargman also produced, had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it was named runner-up as the audience choice for best documentary. It also will be screening in the Vancounver International Film Festival, the Hamptons International Film Festival and DOC NYC.
“This is a touching and inspirational documentary with great suspense that will keep audiences riveted. Bess Kargman has made a beautiful film that captures the grace of these phenomenal performers,” Jonathan Sehring, president of Sundance Selects, said.
The deal was negotiated by Arianna Bocco, senior vp of acquisitions and productions, and Betsy Rodgers, senior vp of business and legal afffairs, for Sundance Selects with Josh Braun at Submarine on behalf of the filmmaker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
San Sebastian International Film Festival
They Cloned Tyrone