- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sundance Selects has acquired North American rights to Tom Dolby and Tom Williams’ directorial debut Last Weekend, starring Patricia Clarkson and an ensemble cast that includes Zachary Booth, Chris Mulkey, Joseph Cross, Devon Graye and Jayma Mays.
The film, which premiered at the recent San Francisco Film Festival, will be released theatrically and on VOD this summer.
The dark comedy takes place over a long Labor Day weekend at Lake Tahoe, Calif., as Clarkson plays a woman who gathers her family around her for a rare vacation on her estate.
It is a co-production between Gran Via Productions, Greyshack Films and Water’s End Productions. The film was executive produced by Mark Johnson and produced by Mike S. Ryan.
“Tom Dolby and Tom Williams have crafted an exquisite and beautiful American drama. We couldn’t be happier to work with them and to be back in business with the incomparable Patricia Clarkson,” said Jonathan Sehring, president of Sundance Selects/IFC Films.
The deal was negotiated by Arianna Bocco, senior vp acquisitions and productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with Josh Braun of Submarine Entertainment on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sundance Selects is a sister label to IFC Films and IFC Midnight, and it is owned and operated by AMC Networks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day