- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert Eggers is moving from the indie scene to the studio world pretty quickly.
But late Friday, the director closed a deal with Jeff Robinov’s fledgling outfit Studio 8 to write and direct an untitled medieval fantasy, THR has confirmed.
Jay Van Hoy and Lars Knudsen of banner Parts and Labor (Ain’t Them Bodies Saints and Beginners) are producing Witch.
Jon Silk brought the project in pitch form into Studio 8 and is overseeing for the studio.
Eggers seems to have a love for period pictures. Witch is set in Puritanical 1600s New England and tells of a family that begins to turn on one another when crops fail and a child goes missing. His meticulous re-creation of the times is one of the aspects of the film that is winning praise from critics.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey