- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Warner Bros. and DC are going to the dogs.
Super Pets, which revolves around DC’s finest animal heroes, is in the works, set to be written by Jared Stern and John Whittington, who worked together on the The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie. Stern will be directing.
The Super Pets property is the inspiration for an animated TV show that airs on Cartoon Network. Iterations of the team have included Krypto the Superdog, Streaky the Supercat and Aquaman’s pet octopus.
Warner Bros. is currently in theaters with another DC animated feature, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, which pulled in more than $10 million in its opening weekend.
Stern is repped by WME, Industry Entertainment and Odenkirk Provissiero; Whittington is with Verve and McKuin Frankel.
Collider first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘He Went That Way’ Review: Jacob Elordi and Zachary Quinto in True Crime Misfire Awkwardly Stuck Between Genre Cracks
‘The Fabelmans’ Breakout Chloe East in Talks for A24 Thriller from Scott Beck, Bryan Woods (Exclusive)
Owen Teague Talks ‘You Hurt My Feelings’ and Meeting with Andy Serkis for the New ‘Apes’ Movie