- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Superheroes like Iron Man and Batman may have an edge to them, but not quite like these guys.
The action-comedy short Special Forces takes place in a world in which supervillains have become so much of a problem that law enforcement has incorporated super-powered vigilantes into their ranks.
But the two Special Forces members at the center of this story, Eugene (Mort Burke) and Genesis (Tania Gunadi), aren’t actually that great at the whole superhero thing. As the quirky trailer shows, their growing powers lead to some surprises along the way.
“As a kid I grew up during the golden age of genre hybrids like E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and The Goonies,” says director and co-writer Phil Bucci. “Now as an adult I crave these types of films that will take you on a whirlwind adventure. I wanted to create something reminiscent of my favorites.”
Bucci co-wrote the script with Marcus Perry. The film has been making the festival circuit, and the full short film will premiere Monday at philbucci.com.
Check out the trailer:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day