- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Superman will go pantsless in the 21st century reboot of “Action Comics,” DC Comics said Friday.
According to the LA Times, the long-running comic series will restart at No. 1 in September, with Scottish writer Grant Morrison and artist Ralph “Rags” Morales at the helm.
One of the most notable changes to the original comics so far is Superman’s costume. Although the Man of Steel still sports a skin-tight blue suit and his iconic red cape on the new cover, he no longer has the added protection of the Speedo-like red trunks he’s worn since the first issue of “Action Comics,” published in June 1938.
In addition to the Superman franchise, DC Comics also plans to relaunch other titles in the DC Universe, which includes superheroes such as Batman, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern. New characters, stories and, of course, costumes will be introduced across the board.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain