- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Superman star Henry Cavill admits he has a lot of work ahead of him to fully embody the Man of Steel.
In addition to toning his body, the actor said he is doing “plenty of comic book research” to prepare for his role in Zack Snyder’s reboot.
“I’m just picking out as much as I possibly can from the comic-book history,” he told MTV News at WonderCon, “because obviously it’s plastered across there as to who this man is. … It’s just picking up a general idea of who he is and working from there.”
He also believes it’s important not to change too much about the character.
“Superman is Superman, after all,” he said. “There’s only so much of a change you can make to that.”
The movie also stars Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Cavill’s adoptive Earth parents and Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Cavill revealed to MTV that he had a screen test with Adams before she was cast.
She’s a “fantastic actress,” he said, adding that he is looking forward to working with her.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day