- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Desperate times call for desperate measures — and in the face of an antibiotic apocalypse, one doctor takes it on herself to become a vigilante healer, relying on experimental surgery and illegal drugs to help her patients. Welcome to the near-future dystopia of Surgeon X.
The new series, edited by Karen Berger — a near-legendary figure in the comic book industry, having edited Alan Moore’s Swamp Thing and Neil Gaiman’s Sandman in addition to founding DC Entertainment’s Vertigo imprint — will launch in comic book stores and digitally this Wednesday, but ahead of the first issue’s debut, Heat Vision can exclusively reveal the trailer for the series.
Surgeon X takes place in a Britain 20 years from now, where rampant disease has only worsened a complicated political situation, leading to riots, violence and the controversial stance taken by Rosa Scott: that life is a privilege, not a right. But as she tries to set up an underground practice to save the deserving, circumstances conspire to make her new calling even more dangerous.
Created by filmmaker Sara Kenney and artist John Watkiss, the Image Comics series will run monthly following its Sept. 28 debut.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise