- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures’ Syfy Films division has optioned the rights to the sci-fi short Beyond, with the short’s director on board to produce and helm the big-screen translation.
Raphael Rogers wrote, directed and produced Beyond, about a woman who is the last of lineage that possesses the ability to teleport across space and time and uses her powers to explore new planets.
Rogers, based in L.A., shot the short on a $1,000 budget, served as cinematographer and editor and was responsible for visual effects.
The project is currently an open writing assignment.
Scott Glassgold and Raymond Brothers of IAM Entertainment, which represents Rogers, will serve as executive producers.
Glassgold and Brothers are producers on True Skin and Spy’s Kid, which are both in active development at Warner Bros. and Paramount, respectively. Earlier this month, IAM partnered with Roy Lee to develop a big-screen version of the sci-fi short Keloid.
Senior vice president of production Gregory Noveck and executive Josh Banta will oversee the project for Syfy Films.
Rogers is also repped Myman Greenspan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day