- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of the debut of Syfy’s TV adaptation of the supernatural Western series, IDW Publishing’s Wynonna Earp is returning to comics in a new series written by the character’s creator, Beau Smith. THR has an exclusive preview of the first issue.
The new series marks the first comic book appearance of the character since 2011’s Wynonna Earp: The Yeti Wars miniseries, and re-establishes both Earp — descended from Wyatt Earp, in case the name had you wondering — and the Black Badge division of the U.S. Marshals, dedicated to dealing with threats of a spookier nature than the average varmint.
Earp first appeared in a 1996 Image Comics series, before crossing to IDW Publishing for a number of releases from 2003 to 2011. Syfy acquired the property last year, with Lost Girl‘s Emily Andras developing and serving as showrunner. Melanie Scrofano will play the title role in the show, scheduled to debut in April.
Wynonna Earp No. 1, illustrated by Lora Innes, will be released digitally and in comic book stores this Wednesday. Read the first five pages below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day