- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If he cuts, he cuts.
Sylvester Stallone on Sunday announced that he is in the midst of working on a director’s cut of Rocky IV for the classic’s upcoming anniversary, which is Nov. 27.
“For the 35th anniversary, Rocky 4 Is getting a new director’s cut by me. So far it looks great. Soulful. Thank you MGM For this opportunity to entertain,” the actor said along with an impressive drawing of the film. He also noted that Paulie’s robot, a very bizarre ’80s gimmick, will be cut from the movie entirely. “The robot is going to the junkyard forever, no more robot,” Stallone replied to one commenter.
The 1985 film was a massive success and introduced audiences to Dolph Lundgren, who played the towering Ivan Drago, the Soviets’ prize boxer. The film marked Carl Weathers’ final physical appearance in the series.
Stallone did not offer any additional details, but the tease was enough to set social media ablaze and resulted in Rocky IV trending.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day