- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taken director Pierre Morel has signed on to direct Bastille Day, an action thriller that will be produced by Vendome Pictures and Anonymous Content.
Written by Andrew Baldwin, Bastille is based on an original idea about a young American artist living in Paris and a washed-up CIA agent who are thrown together and tasked with diverting an imminent attack on the city.
Anonymous, which reps Baldwin, developed the project with the writer and brought it to Vendome, which took it off the table.
Vendome CEO Philippe Rousselet will produce the project with Anonymous’s Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and David Kanter. Vendome will fully finance the production.
Baldwin is a two-time Black List writer who is writing Logan’s Run for Warner Bros. and director Nicolas Winding Refn. He is repped by CAA.
On top of the Liam Neeson hit Taken, Morel’s credits include action movies District B13 and From Paris With Love. He is repped by CAA, Sentient Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.
Vendome’s president of production Guy Stodel and vp production and development Sarah Schweitzman will shepherd Bastille for the company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day