- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cookie is on fire! Taraji P. Henson had all eyes on her when she took the stage Sunday night to collect her very own Golden Globe for her standout performance on Fox’s hit Empire. And while her entire head-to-toe look, topped with a messy-chic angled lob, was beautiful, her makeup was truly next level.
Henson’s longtime makeup artist, Ashunta Sheriff, tells Pret-a-Reporter that “the [Stella McCartney] dress was very ethereal, clean and goddess-like, so my focus was to make Taraji a walking goddess.” She succeeded, giving her glowing skin, warm nude lips and sultry yet transparent, luminous eyes. “I wanted the look to resemble Old Hollywood glam yet with a sexy, modern spin,” says Sheriff.
To start Henson’s eyes, Sheriff first applied L’Oreal Colour Riche Eyeshadow in Sunset Seine ($6) all over her lids, then added the Cafe Au Lait ($6) shade in her creases. She lined the actress’s upper and lower lids with L’Oreal Infallible Black Velvet Liner ($10) to “outline her beautiful almond-shaped eyes and make them stand out.” The last step: three coats of L’Oreal Voluminous Superstar Red Carpet Mascara ($11), which created full, thick lashes that were ultra-black.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day