- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taryn Manning was arrested on Thursday after a fight broke out between the Hustle and Flow actress and her makeup artist in a New York City hotel room.
Manning, 33, allegedly kicked and punched the woman at the Dream Downtown Hotel on Thursday morning, according to TMZ. She was charged with assault.
The woman Manning allegedly attacked, Holly Hartman, is not just Manning’s employee. She’s been friends with Manning for five years, and lives in her Los Angeles home, TMZ reports.
“There was an unfortunate incident between two very dear friends, who are like family to each other,” Manning’s rep told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. Manning’s rep adds that Hartman has indicated that she does not plan on pressing charges.
“We believe the situation at hand will be clarified and resolved between the two friends expeditiously,” the statement adds. Her rep also tells THR that Manning was released on Friday.
Manning’s film credits include Crossroads, Hustle and Flow and 8 Mile. She also had roles on TV shows including Hawaii Five-0, Burn Notice and Sons of Anarchy. Also a singer, Manning released her latest single, “Send Me Your Love” in August.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day