- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Julie E. “Tawny” Kitaen, who famously appeared in several Whitesnake music videos and starred as Tom Hanks’ fiancée in Bachelor Party, has died. She was 59.
Kitaen died in her Newport Beach, California home on Friday morning. The Orange County Coroner’s Office confirmed her death via a press release, which listed her as Tawny Finley. The cause of death was not released.
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to Kitaen’s representatives for comment.
Born in San Diego, Kitaen began her journey as an ’80s music video heartthrob by appearing on several albums for the heavy metal band RATT as well as its “Back for More” video. She later appeared in a video for Whitesnake’s 1987 smash hit “Here I Go Again” as well as “Still of the Night,” “Is This Love” and “The Deeper the Love.” Kitaen was birefly married to the band’s lead singer, David Coverdale, from 1989-91.
Notable film and television roles include for Kitaen include Witchboard, White Hot, Dead Tides, Santa Barbara, Seinfeld and most recently Moms Anonymous. She also recently appeared in several reality shows, including The Surreal Life, Botched and Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.
Kitaen also was married to Angels pitcher Chuck Finley from 1997-2002, and they had two daughters together.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day