- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An image of what looked like a leaked People magazine cover touting Taylor Lautner as being “Out & Proud” hit the web Monday, Dec. 26.
But, the cover, which was dated Jan. 7, 2012, was revealed as a fake.
That didn’t stop the fake, which features a solo Lauther, touting the “Exclusive” story, from creating buzz on the Internet though.
“Tired of rumors, the Twilight star opens up about his decision to finaly come out. ‘I’m more liberated, and happier than I’ve ever been,'” the cover’s copy proclaimed.
But, a spokesperson for People magazine told Gossip Cop that the story was “absolutely fake.”
Producer Russell Simmons was fooled by the the fake, tweeting, “proud of Taylor Lautner for his bravery and his courage.” He later responded to being duped, saying, ” Disappointed that people would joke about someone coming out about their sexuality. Let Taylor Lautner be whoever he wants to be…”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day