- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Avid, whose products include the widely used Media Composer editing system and ProTools postproduction sound system, named Kyle Kim-Hays its new chief marketing officer. He’s Avid’s first senior exec to be based in Los Angeles, which is the company’s largest U.S. market.
Kim-Hays comes from Verizon Digital Media Services, where he served as vp and head of product marketing. Before that, he spent five years at Warner Bros. Entertainment, as vp consumer digital distribution, and earlier worked in marketing at Microsoft.
This signifies a shift in focus for the Massachusetts-headquartered, publicly traded company. It’s looking to bring more key employees to Southern California to be closer to its customers in the postproduction, broadcast and music industries.
In his new role, Kyle-Hays replaces Jennifer Smith, who parted ways with Avid last spring.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Shameik Moore Says He Would Put His “Entire Being” Into Playing Miles Morales in Live-Action
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Hailee Steinfeld Talks Gwen’s Emotional Story and Live-Action Spider-Woman Possibilities
Hollywood Critics Association President Resigns, Citing “Hostile, Biased” Work Environment (Exclusive)