- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Technicolor is looking to grow its position in the feature animation world with the acquisition of VFX and animation production company Mikros Image. The company has entered into an agreement with Mediacontech, Mikros’ parent company, to acquire Mikros in a deal that’s expected to close during this quarter.
Founded in Paris in 1985, Mikros generated $47.7 million (€44 million) in revenue in 2014 and includes a busy commercial production arm as well as a Montreal-based feature animation division whose work includes Le Petit Prince, an upcoming production from Onyx Film/Paramount scheduled for a July release.
“The acquisition of Mikros Image aligns with our strategic objective to grow in animation and advertising,” said Technicolor CEO Frederic Rose. “Their proven expertise in feature animation film and advertising will strengthen our offering.”
Technicolor also owns MPC, a commercial and feature VFX company headquartered in London (Cinderella), and Ouido Productions, a France-based business specializing in TV animation, which Technicolor acquired earlier this year.
Technicolor said it plans to retain Mikros Image’s brand and management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day