- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It looks like one of the last-minute sneaks at Telluride this year will be Butter, an ensemble comedy that the Weinstein Co. is releasing.
Jennifer Garner and producer Michael De Luca are up in the mountains to give the film, directed by Jim Field Smith and written by Jason Micallef, a first showing. Olivia Wilde, Hugh Jackman, Ashley Greene, Ty Burrell and Alicia Silverstone also star in the comedy about a small town butter-carving competition.
It’s not official yet, but it’s likely to get the slot Saturday night opposite the George Clooney tribute, which could cause a serious dilemma for passholders.
One option for festivalgoers who can’t stand the idea of missing Clooney: Butter also is set for a gala screening at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival on Sept. 13.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the banshees of inisherin