- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jai Courtney is in talks to join the growing cast of Suicide Squad, Warner Bros.’s feature project based on DC Entertainment villains.
Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are in the final stages of talks for roles (Leto is earmarked for the Joker while Robbie his sometime girlfriend Harley Quinn. Hardy would play the team’s leader, Rick Flagg).
Will Smith is also in negotiations for a part, although his dealmaking is in a less assured place.
David Ayer is writing and directing the movie, which has a release date of Aug. 5, 2016.
The role that Courtney would play if a deal is made is unclear. Warner Bros. had no comment.
Courtney co-starred in Starz’ Spartacus: War of the Damned and broke through in the U.S. playing Bruce Willis’ son in A Good Day to Die Hard. He is appearing in the Divergent movies and next stars in the iconic part of Kyle Reese in Terminator: Genysis, the reboot of the storied sci-fi action franchise.
He is repped by UTA and Silver Linings Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day