- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If the new trailer for Terminator Genisys looks familiar, well, that’s by design. The first minute of the new look ahead at Alan Taylor‘s relaunch of the time-traveling science fiction saga feels very much like a greatest hits compilation (Look! There’s the shape-shifting Terminator with blades for hands! There are the missiles launching to destroy humanity!) before things take a turn for the … different.
As Emilia Clarke and Arnold Schwarzenegger helpfully explain, this time around, Sarah Connor and the T-800 have as much foreknowledge of future events as the longtime fans of the franchise, which has allowed them to plan ahead and make some changes — although the attempt to humanize Schwarzenegger’s killer robot hasn’t been one of their more successful projects.
The trailer also reveals another major change to this version of events — namely that Jason Clarke‘s John Connor isn’t quite what he appears to be, in such a way that all the old allegiances might be thrown into disarray. “Everything’s changed,” Sarah Connor says at one point in the trailer. It looks as if she might be right.
Also featuring Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, Terminator Genisys hits theaters July 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
David O. Russell
the banshees of inisherin