- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If you’re still confused about how next month’s Terminator: Genisys fits into the continuity of the earlier movies, a new clip from the movie features Emilia Clarke‘s Sarah Connor explaining all. Spoilers: Everything you know is wrong.
“The 1984 John sent you to no longer exists,” Connor tells Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney in this version of events). The Terminator that Reese was sent to destroy — the one that Arnold Schwarzenegger played in James Cameron‘s original movie — was already taken care of, as Connor puts it … with the help of an older Schwarzenegger. “Everything’s changed,” Connor says, with a mild sense of understatement.
This is just one of the two main changes that Genisys makes to Terminator mythology; the second, as revealed in a trailer in April, is that John Connor has gone from being the leader of the resistance against the artificial intelligent dystopian future to being part robot himself in the new movie.
Directed by Alan Taylor and also starring Jason Clarke, J.K. Simmons and former Doctor Who star Matt Smith, Terminator: Genisys will be released July 1. Watch the new clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day