- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alan Taylor is directing the movie, which put Clarke in pole position for the role as Taylor directed her in HBO’s Game of Thrones.
Still, Paramount, Annapurna and Skydance conducted screen tests in November. Brie Larson was another actress vying for the role, while Margot Robbie’s name also surfaced early on.
Connor was played by Linda Hamilton in the classic movies directed by James Cameron.
The character is the future mother of John Connor, who grows up to be the leader of the human resistance in the war between humanity and cyborgs, and is central in the new movie. Arnold Schwarzenegger is back as a Terminator robot, with Jason Clarke in talks to play John Connor.
This time, in a time-spanning story that also will have a young Kyle Reese and an adult Connor, the Terminator robot is tasked to protect Sarah Connor from childhood and into young adulthood.
Clarke, who is just starting to move into features (she will be seen in the upcoming Jude Law film Dom Hemingway), is repped by CAA and Emptage Hallett in the UK.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day