- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mackenzie Davis is in negotiations to join Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the latest Terminator movie.
Tim Miller is directing the reboot, which, for the first time since 1991’s Terminator: Judgment Day, has James Cameron involved. Skydance, the company behind 2015’s Terminator Genisys and Annihilation, is producing the new movie.
Plot details are being kept under wraps, but it is understood that Davis is up to play a soldier-assassin on a mission. It is a human character in a movie that once again sets up the battle between (wo)man and machine.
While Davis has a key role in the movie, she may not be the reboot’s true star. The producers have been undergoing an intense and so far fruitless search to find a Latina for the story’s main role, according to sources. That is a role that would span all three movies of the intended trilogy. It is unclear how many movies Davis’ deal calls for.
Davis recently appeared in Blade Runner 2049 and was one of the stars of AMC’s Halt and Catch Fire.
The untitled Terminator reboot is set for July 26, 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day