- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Flash will speed into theaters a little earlier than expected. On Monday, Warner Bros. set a new release date of June 16, 2023, for the film. It was previously slated for June 23, 2023, and the new date gives it more breathing room ahead of the release of Disney’s Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, which bows on June 30.
Ezra Miller stars as Barry Allen/the Flash in the feature, which also stars Michael Keaton, back as Batman for the first time since 1992, as well as Ben Affleck, also playing a version of Batman. It will also introduce Sasha Calle as Supergirl.
Miller has long been attached to the film after being cast as the Flash in 2014. He first had a cameo in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) and had a lead role in Justice League (2017). Andy Muschietti is directing The Flash from a script by Christina Hodson.
In addition to the Flash news, Warners announced its film Mummies will open in limited release on Feb. 24, 2023. Juan Jesus Garcia Galocha directs with a voice cast led by Sean Bean and Hugh Bonneville. It follows three mummies who wind up in modern-day London.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day