- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hugh Laurie and Leighton Meester aren’t strangers.
The two actors, who play an unlikely couple in the upcoming R-rated indie comedy The Oranges, appeared together in early episodes of Fox’s House, where Meester played a patient of the week lusting over the cranky doctor (Laurie). In The Oranges, Laurie and Meester’s secret relationship is revealed by a chance trip to a seedy motel that blows everything wide open for both their families. The film follows the aftermath of their affair — and how it affects everyone around them.
Allison Janney, Adam Brody, Alia Shawkat, Catherine Keener and Oliver Platt co-star in the quirky feature directed by Julian Farino and written by Ian Helfer and Jay Reiss.
THR reviewed The Oranges when it screened at last year’s Toronto Film Festival, observing this: “Farino is good with actors, and in his corner he does have a gifted ensemble, who often manage to hit a sweet spot even in this mediocre material.”
The Oranges opens in theaters later this year.
Watch the trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show