- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Corden, Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman and more stars are singing and dancing into small-town Indiana to create a “kick-ass prom…for everybody” in the teaser trailer for Netflix’s upcoming Ryan Murphy movie The Prom.
The film based on the Tony-nominated Broadway musical of the same name is set to hit select theaters in December and start streaming on Dec. 11.
The story follows New York City stage stars Dee Dee Allen (Streep) and Barry Glickman (Corden) who’ve just suffered a costly Broadway flop when they learn of an Indiana high-school student, Emma (Jo Ellen Pellman), who’s been banned from attending the prom with her girlfriend (Ariana DeBose). Seeking to resurrect their public images, they set off for the midwest, with cynical actors Angie (Kidman) and Trent (Andrew Rannells). While the theater stars’ self-absorbed activism backfires, they ultimately join forces to give Emma a memorable prom where all are welcome.
The teaser trailer shows the Broadway stars taking the small town by storm as Emma just wants to go to the prom and celebrate with her friends.
Watch the full teaser trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day