- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The R-rated project sees filmmaker James Gunn, known for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy films, delve into the world of DC for the first time. It includes a few castmembers from David Ayers’ 2016 Suicide Squad, including Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Joel Kinnaman (Rick Flagg) and Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang).
The sprawling cast also includes a number of series newcomers, such as Sylvester Stallone, frequent Gunn collaborator Michael Rooker (Savant), Flula Borg (Javelin), David Dastmalchian (Polka-Dot Man), Daniela Melchior (Ratcatcher2), Idris Elba (Bloodsport), Mayling Ng (Mongal), Sean Gunn (Weasel), Pete Davidson (Blackguard), Peter Capaldi (The Tinkerer), Juan Diego Botto (Presidente General Silvio Luna), Joaquín Cosío (Mayor General Mateo Suarez), Jenn Holland (Emilia Harcourt), Storm Reid (Tyla), Alice Braga (SolSoria) and Nathan Fillion (T.D.K.).
John Cena’s Peacemaker is expected to be a highlight of the film and is getting his own HBO Max spinoff from Gunn. This is Gunn’s first feature since 2017’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. He is expected to begin production on a third Guardians film in London later this year.
The Suicide Squad opens in theaters and on HBO Max on Aug. 6.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day