- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bridget Jones is getting ready to return to theaters after a 12-year hiatus.
Universal, Miramax and Studiocanal’s Bridget Jones’s Baby has been slated for release on Sept. 16, 2016.
Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth are reprising their roles in the comedy sequel. Sharon Maguire, who helmed the original Bridget Jones’s Diary, will direct the new film based on creator Helen Fielding’s heroine.
The story centers on the next chapter of Bridget Jones’s life, when she finds herself unexpectedly expecting a baby.
Universal is distributing in North America and select international territories.
The first Bridget Jones’s Diary opened in April 2001, and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason opened in November 2004.
Currently, the only other film dated for Sept. 16, 2016, is thriller drama When the Bough Breaks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day