- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thomas Haden Church and Jay Hernandez are in negotiations to join the cast of Max, a canine family adventure from MGM.
Boaz Yakin co-wrote the script and is directing the picture, which is due to begin shooting in May in North Carolina. Karen Rosenfelt and Ken Blancato are producing.
Inspired by true events, the plot tells of a military dog who is traumatized by his handler’s death in Afghanistan and is adopted by the soldier’s bereaved family. He bonds with the soldier’s troubled 14-year-old brother, and together, they begin to heal one another and discover a secret about the soldier’s death. Sheldon Lettich co-wrote the script.
Josh Wiggins is already set as the boy and Church will play the tough father, who is a former Marine and idolized his older son. Hernandez will play a Marine who is also a dog trainer.
Church co-stars in Heaven Is for Real, Sony’s faith-based drama that opens Wednesday. He is repped by CAA and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Hernandez recently did a stint on ABC’s Nashville and co-stars in Fox’s Gang Related. Hernandez is repped by Paradigm, Alchemy Entertainment and Fuller Downs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day