- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thomas Jane is in final negotiations to joins the cast of The Predator, Fox’s reboot of the sci-fi action franchise that will be directed by Shane Black.
The movie is furiously casting up as it heads towards a production start in February in Vancouver, with Sterling K. Brown, Keegan-Michael Key and Trevante Rhodes being recent additions to the call sheet.
Boyd Holbrook is leading an ensemble cast in a story which features an array of the alien hunters first seen in the 1987 movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, but this time in a more domestic setting.
Details for Jane’s role were not revealed.
This is the first studio movie in quite some time for Jane, who may be best known for starring on HBO’s drama Hung from 2009 to 2011 and for starring in The Punisher, the action pic based on Marvel Comics’ antihero.
The actor just wrapped Stephen King’s 1922 for Netflix, and he currently is shooting Miles for Lakeshore Entertainment and Open Road Films.
Jane is repped by Paradigm and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day