- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Leave No Trace actor Thomasin McKenzie has been cast to play gymnast Kerri Strug in Olivia Wilde’s Perfect biopic for Searchlight, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Strug was hailed as an American hero when she completed her final vault at the Atlanta Olympics on a badly injured ankle to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Wilde will direct the biopic based on a script by Ronnie Sandhal.
The producer credits are shared by Sandhal, Nik Bower and Jeremy Baxter for Riverstone Pictures and Thomas Benski and Moss Barclay for Pulse Films. Wilde will executive produce alongside Deepak Nayar, Marisa Clifford and Sandahl.
Based on the book Landing on my Feet, a Diary of Dreams, written by Strug and John P. Lopez, Perfect has CAA Media Finance arranging financing for the film, while FilmNation is handling international sales.
McKenzie is repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment, Untitled Entertainment and Gail Cowan Management. Wilde is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day