- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alan Taylor is directing the picture, which brings back most of the first movie’s cast including Chris Hemsworth, who plays Thor. Kat Dennings signed on to reprise her character, Darcy Lewis, on Tuesday.
In a supporting role, Akinnuoye-Agbaje will join the ranks of the bad guys led by Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who), who is playing Malekith, ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim.
He will play Algrim the Strong, one of the strongest of the Dark Elves and who is coerced to fight Thor at Malekith’s behest. (Don’t worry: A redemption, as in the comics, is likely.)
Akinnuoye-Agbaje, repped by APA and Kritzer Levine, is known for his action roles, notably G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra (where he played Heavy Duty), The Bourne Identity and The Killer Elite, as well as Mr. Eko on TV’s Lost. He will be seen in Bullet to the Head, starring Sylvester Stallone and directed by Walter Hill, which is due out early next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day