- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thor actor Ray Stevenson has been cast as villain Firefly in Paramount’s G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes. The action movie, to be directed by Jon M. Chu, begins shooting in Louisiana at the end of summer and is slated for release in August 2012.
Stevenson will appear opposite Channing Tatum and Dwayne Johnson in the film, which is being produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura, and follows G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, a hit in 2009.
Stevenson’s Firefly is a member of the villainous Cobra Organization and is known as a saboteur, ninja master and explosives expert.
Other than Tatum, Cobra Strikes will feature a new cast; in addition to franchise newcomers Johnson and Stevenson, the film will include Adrianne Palicki, Elodie Yung, RZA and D.J. Cotrona.
In this summer’s Thor, which has grossed more than $400 million worldwide, Stevenson played Volstagg, one of the Warriors Three. He will next be seen in Summit’s The Three Musketeers in the role of Porthos. The 3D feature is slated for release on October 21. He is finishing production on Jayne Mansfield’s Car, which is being directed by Billy Bob Thorton and also features Kevin Bacon and Robert Duvall.
Stevenson is represented by WME and Conway Van Gelder Grant in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood