- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thor’s second standalone adventure apart from The Avengers crew sees the hammer-wielding comic-book hero once again traverse space to square off against evil forces.
In the latest clip from the Marvel sequel, Thor is seen enlisting his brother Loki for help against a resurgent evil. “Some believe that before the universe there was nothing,” solemnly narrates Odin (Anthony Hopkins). “They’re wrong, there was darkness and it has survived.”
Despite the fantasy epic plot, the mood isn’t necessarily dour. Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) slaps Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and quips an Avengers reference: “That was for New York.” And the trailer’s kicker includes a moment that seems tonally derived from an Indiana Jones scene where the archeologist faces off against a sword-wielding foe.
The sequel, directed by Alan Taylor, hits theaters Nov. 8 in the U.S. and Oct. 30 in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Lisa Marie Presley