- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sure, we all laughed at Team Thor, the Thor: Ragnarok short debuted at San Diego Comic-Con, which showed Marvel’s Thunder God shacking up with an unassuming roommate called Darryl while his fellow Avengers fought each other in Captain America: Civil War. But what if it was more than just a simple joke…?
Talking to IGN, Ragnarok director Taika Waititi said that audiences “probably could see [Darryl] again,” but he wouldn’t reveal any specifics of where that might happen. Instead, he played things impressively — and frustratingly — cryptic.
“There may be other little pieces of that thing that everyone saw that may just be a small part of a bigger thing,” the director teased.
But what, exactly, does that mean? Was Team Thor actually part of Ragnarok, with Darryl playing some kind of a role in that movie? Or should audiences expect even more of the mockumentary look at the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the near future? (Please, let’s get a comedic look behind the scenes of Doctor Strange ahead of that movie’s release.)
Thor: Ragnarok opens Nov. 3, 2017.
Follow Heat Vision on Facebook and Twitter for the latest from the MCU.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day